Don’t Let Your Summer Travels Hurt Your Back
Should I Get An Adjustment Before Traveling?
While fun, traveling can be very hard on the body. Visiting a chiropractor before long travels can help prepare your body for the journey. At McKenna Family Chiropractic, Dr. Will McKenna uses gentle manipulation and treatments to improve the way your body functions to avoid aches and pains during your travels. If you are looking for a Pelham chiropractor, visit our website to learn more about Dr. Will McKenna. If you have travel plans coming up, it is a great idea to see a chiropractor.
Common Problems Related To Travel
A lot of people who travel experience the following problems:
- Pain from sitting or sleeping in new positions
- Injuries from participating in activities such as swimming, surfing, hiking, and other recreational sports
- Insomnia due to musculoskeletal pain
- Digestive troubles from eating new foods
Spending a lot of time sitting in a vehicle or airplane can leave you in pain and wreak havoc on your body. By the time you get to your destination, you could be too miserable to enjoy your vacation. At McKenna Chiropractic, we understand how important it is to be able to enjoy your vacation. A healthy spine plays a massive role in this. You should seek out a Pelham chiropractor before and after your vacation to ensure that your body is in tip-top shape for your travels. Existing injuries can be aggravated by sitting too long during traveling, and poor posture can lead to long-term back issues.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind while traveling to prevent problems:
- Use a good back support, such as a support pillow
- Maintain enough leg room
- Take plenty of breaks if possible to move your body
- Maintain proper posture when carrying luggage
- Perform stretches before and after sitting for long periods of time
- Stretch your legs as often as possible to reduce swelling
How Can A Pelham Chiropractor Help?
While there are many reasons to visit your chiropractor before traveling, here are just a few:
- An adjustment can help you stay healthy while you are away from home- Chiropractic adjustments improve communication between your body and brain. This enhances the function of the immune system, helping you to avoid illness. You don’t want to get sick while traveling so this is a huge bonus!
- Chiropractic care can prevent musculoskeletal pain from long rides- Riding in a car or airplane places a strain on your muscles leading to back, hip, knee, and neck pain. A spinal adjustment before you leave can help you avoid this pain.
- Advice for avoiding injury- Your chiropractor likely has many stretches and exercises he or she can teach you how to do on your own that will help you avoid injury and pain. Your chiropractor’s advice will help you make the most out of your travels.
No matter what method of transportation you take, you could experience strained muscles and other forms of pain. Our Pelham chiropractor Dr. WIll McKenna uses spinal adjustments to fix and prevent this type of pain. We highly recommend getting an adjustment before you leave to ensure that your muscles, ligaments, and joints are loose and flexible.
Our doctor will also teach you exercises and stretches to do that will help you avoid pain and injury while you are away. When you are on vacation, you are more likely to participate in activities that you don’t often do, increasing your risk of injury. Leaning theses exercises and stretches will ensure that your vacation isn’t ruined after having too much fun.
What Are Your Traveling Plans?
If you have a vacation on the books, you are likely excited and counting down the days until you get to leave. While packing and planning for your trip, don’t forget to take care of your body. Make an appointment with our Pelham chiropractor Dr. Will McKenna to ensure that your spine is aligned correctly. Doing so will ensure that you get the most out of your vacation without worrying about pain from traveling.
"*" indicates required fields