During school, chiropractic students receive specialized training for caring for pregnant women. Pregnant women can benefit in many ways from chiropractic care. Many pregnant women prefer holistic care when they are carrying a child, and chiropractic care has little to no risk of side effects. Chiropractors who have even further training for caring for pregnant women have the following certifications from the ICA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association:
- CACCP- ICPA certification that reflects advanced training
- DACCP- ICPA diploma that reflects the highest level of training
- Member of the ICPA- Reflects a special interest
- Webster Certified- Specifically trained to provide pelvic balance in pregnancy
Dr. William McKenna is a Pelham Chiropractor who is specially trained in caring for pregnant women. Chiropractic care involves maintaining the spinal column, bone geometry, discs, and nerves without medications or surgery. It is the science of adjusting the body to fix misaligned joints and spinal nerve stress. It also promotes overall health throughout the body. A good chiropractor also provides you with stretches and exercises that you can do on your own that are safe and beneficial for pregnancy.
Have You Considered Seeing A Chiropractor During Your Pregnancy?
If you are pregnant, you should consider seeing a chiropractor. This specialist can provide you with many benefits that help with your pregnancy and postpartum care.
The following are a few examples of how a chiropractor can help make your pregnancy easier:
- Restore pelvic balance– During pregnancy, most women experience pelvic changes that can result in an intrauterine. With this condition, the developing baby has a limited amount of room in the uterus. Chiropractors adjust the mother’s pelvis to prevent this issue. Pelvic adjustments also lessen the risk of breech babies and cesarean deliveries.
- Restore posture– Due to the extra weight pregnant women carry in the front of their body during pregnancy, they often have issues with back pain. A chiropractor restores proper posture that results from the protruding abdomen the baby causes. The stress that pregnancy causes on the body can cause long-term posture issues that cause pain if they are not taken care of properly.
- Helps with pregnancy symptoms– Chiropractic care is shown to reduce uncomfortable symptoms that pregnancy brings. Regular adjustments can help control nausea, relieve joint pain, and help women maintain their overall health.
- Reduces labor and delivery time– Many women who receive regular chiropractic care during pregnancy find that their bodies are more prepared for childbirth. Chiropractic care helps the nervous system work properly, which helps the body as a whole work as it should. Women who see the chiropractor regular during pregnancy tend to have shorter and easier labor and deliveries.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body undergoes many of changes. Many women end up feeling uncomfortable with the physical and hormonal changes that pregnancy bring. A chiropractor can help make pregnancy more enjoyable.
Is It Safe?
Most women are concerned about the health and safety of their baby and wouldn’t do anything to put their baby at risk. Chiropractic care is a safe way to get some relief from the discomforts that pregnancy brings. There are no side effects of chiropractic care, unlike most medications.
There are no known contraindications for chiropractic care during pregnancy. While all chiropractors are trained in caring for pregnant women, some take it a step farther and receive specific certifications for prenatal and postnatal care. For the best care, you should seek out a chiropractor with these special certifications.
Where Do I Find A Chiropractor For Pregnancy Care?
If you are looking for a Pelham chiropractor for pregnancy adjustments, visit our website. Dr. William McKenna is a highly trained chiropractor who will provide gentle, effective adjustments to pregnant women.
It is essential to care for both mom and baby during pregnancy, and chiropractic care does this. Mothers who take the time to see a chiropractor during pregnancy should find that their overall pregnancy experience is more comfortable and enjoyable.