Every year, millions of people make resolutions to get healthier in the new year. This could include things like smoking cessation, weight loss, and much more. The problem is no matter how good your intentions are, you don’t always know what’s right. For some people, going cold turkey to stop smoking is the only way. It’s not uncommon for people to have an oral fixation that leads to weight gain. They replace smoking with food, sodas, and other things.
Some people take a different approach. It can be hard to adjust. Instead of replacing smoking with food, you can look into other alternatives. You can also find ways to mitigate the need to replace smoking with something else at all.
A chiropractor can help in different ways. If you’re serious about getting rid of your addiction once and for all, it’s critical to bring in help. Otherwise, it’s easy to make unnecessary mistakes. How can you maximize your health benefits when you quit smoking?
Feel Better in Pelham with Weight Loss Tips and More
One of the most important things you can do before you stop smoking is talk to a doctor and nutritionist. Professionals can help you plan ahead and discuss your options. Some patients do better with patches or without supplements. Others stop smoking with prescriptions. With serious side effects, any prescription use should be monitored by a medical professional.
If you don’t want to use prescriptions, there are alternatives. You don’t have to try to tough it out on your own. What kind of options can you explore?
- Exercise More: If you rarely exercise, now is a great time to start or make your routine more regular. You can talk to a personal trainer or start on your own. Work your way up slowly and find balance. You should use a combination of cardio and weight training. Many people prefer low impact exercises like walking or the elliptical. Regular exercise can help you increase key hormone levels. This helps fight depression while also helping you control or lose weight.
- Work with a Chiropractor: Especially if you’ve been largely sedentary up until now, your body might struggle with an increase in activity. Your technique won’t be perfect right off the bat. This could easily lead to unexpected injuries. You might already have some misalignments. A chiropractor can help you work out these details.
- Drink More Water: If you always have water available to you, you can address oral fixations without the extra calories. Don’t be afraid to bring a large water bottle and refill it throughout the day. You might drink more and pee more at first. It’ll balance out over time until you feel better because you are doing better.
- Keep Fidget Tools on Hand: Sometimes, you just need something to do with your hands. You might need to do something with your mouth. So keep gum and fidget tools on hand. You can find things like rings and spinners that allow you to move things around without holding a cigarette or extra food.
- Track Your Cravings: You can’t satisfy your cravings for cigarettes. This doesn’t mean you should just ignore them. Track your cravings and see if you can identify different patterns throughout the day. When you understand your cravings, you can plan for them. Come up with something else to do during those times when your cravings are highest. Over time, they’ll fade and you won’t need the same tools. Until then, you’ll be prepared.
- Take Time to Relax: Seeing a chiropractor in Pelham isn’t the only way to care for yourself. When you’re trying to achieve weight loss and stop smoking, don’t be afraid to explore other options. Take the time to get a massage, go to the spa, and do other things to reduce your stress. Joining a yoga class can provide another alternative to occupy yourself.
Open More Doors in Pelham for Weight Loss and More
Even when patients in Pelham aren’t trying to stop smoking, weight loss can be a challenge. Smoking just adds an extra dimension to overcome. When you work with a chiropractor, you can care for your body while doing other healthy things. A chiropractor can also discuss programs that help many people make healthier decisions. Sometimes, it’s a matter of breaking down defenses your body has built up that keep you from losing weight. This could mean injections, supplements, or upgrading your diet plan. It could also mean learning how to exercise and make the most out of the time you have during the day. The little things you do throughout the day could be holding you back.
When you’re ready to take the next step and get healthier, always look at all your options. To start your weight loss plan and stop smoking, click here. You can schedule your first appointment and move forward instead of back.